Bienvenido o bienvenida, my dear Spanish beginner!
Are you learning Spanish throout Skype or Zoom? Have you decided to this language with a n online Spanish teacher? Do not have anyone yet but you are considering to begin with online lessons?
In this podcast I am not going to recommend you why you need a qualifed teacher in your Spanish leaning process, especialmente when you are a beginner. Listen to podcast number 2 and you will understand why is so important to have qualified guidance during your first steps learning a new language.
But, anyway (de todas formas), if you are exploring Internet finding the more proper teacher for you, in this podcast I want to give you some tips to find the best Spanish Online teacher:
- Training. Find someone with training in teaching Spanish as a second language. Maybe a course, a degree or a Master better. Remember that not all native speakers are able to teach their own language: they need training to do this.
- Experience. If this teacher has been working for years in a school or teaching Spanish in one place (I also include here Internet and the online word), better than if you find a new nobel teacher.
- Webpage. Try to find if this teacher has his own webpage directed not just to sell his own lessons, but also to show briefly a short biography about him, why he decided to become teacher, how he enjoy teaching and a little of his methodology and content of their lessons.
- Creator of content. Regarding content, one thing is to have a webpage, and other is to create and share periodically free content related to learning Spanish. Does he or she has a blog, Youtube channel or podcast where gives you knowledge and other aid to make you progress in your learning?
- Feedback. What do the other students think about him or her? Does this teacher has testimonials or other kind of feedback from his former stduents explaining and giving their opinion about him as teacher and about his lessons?
And now, you are thinking: ¿what about prices? ¿Qué hay de los precios? Well, you will know better than anyone what is «expensive» or «cheap» for you according to the value that you give to your own education. Porque… ¿tu formación y educación es importante para ti?